THIS IS HORRIFYING TO ME!!!!!
According to the American Cancer Society, this link has the guidelines for nutrition during cancer treatment.
OMG!! I am seriously beside myself right now!!!
I understand that it is a general guideline, but knowing all that I do, I seriously hope that a licensed (preferably all natural) nutritionist is assigned to cancer patients and they are not just going off of what is written on these pages....
http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/002903-pdf.pdf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE WATCH THIS!!!! http://www.cbn.com/tv/2033189160001
~ Ketogenetic Diet: ~
Excerpt from: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/06/16/ketogenic-diet-benefits.aspx
From my perspective, it’s nothing short of medical malpractice and negligence to fail to integrate this type of dietary strategy into a patient’s cancer treatment plan (along with optimizing vitamin D). A ketogenic diet along with intermittent fasting can be easily integrated into whatever cancer treatment plan you decide to follow. Personally, I believe it’s absolutely crucial, no matter what type of cancer you’re trying to address.
That said, remember that a ketogenic diet, in which you replace carbs with low to moderate amounts of protein and high amounts of beneficial fat, like avocado, coconut oil, butter, olive oil and macadamia nuts is recommended for everyone, whether you have cancer or not. It’s a diet that will help optimize your weight and health overall, as eating this way will help you convert from carb burning mode, to fat burning.
To get more specifics about using a ketogenic diet and calorie restriction for the treatment of cancer, I highly recommend picking up Dr. Seyfried’s book, Cancer as a Metabolic Disease.

No comments:
Post a Comment