Monday, November 25, 2013

What Am I Supposed To Eat?

What am I supposed to eat?:
EVERYTHING is bad for you!! The air we breath, the water we drink, the food we eat, What is one supposed to do? It has become excessively frustrating to try and find that answer! When every other word that comes out of my mouth is eat this not that ,this may cause that, this might be the answer to your problem.....
Trust me I am getting to the point to where I am asking myself.....What AM I supposed to eat? In the search to help my family and friends through disease and illness I have researched what we should be eating. Well basically what I have found is.... Nothing is good for you except for maybe organic Brussels sprouts and Kale....YUM! Until someone finds something bad about those too...trust me it is just a matter of time....
So what I really have learned is this.
Wheat/Grains: up until a week ago I had no idea that there was a reaction in some people's bodies to wheat products called gluten intolerance..so now let's start buy taking bread, pasta and cereals away.
Sugar: over reaction to sugars and yeast causing all kinds of internal as well as external skin issues and sever health problems....No processed sugar , because these cause Cancer, Diabetes, &Obesity.
Protein: Animal protein is bad for you. So let's take away all meat, especially fish, cuz it full of mercury, and lets also take away eggs while we're at it. Because it causes Cancer.
Dairy: full of hormones, protein & fat... Lets now take away milk & cheese.
Fats: now this one is tricky because fat is found in most of these foods or is made into fat if not used in your body as fuel.
The only thing safe as long as its organic are vegetables and some fruits.
Don't drink the tap water, cuz it's full of fluoride and other chemicals, and definitely not out of plastic bottles, cuz those chemicals have leached into your water!!
OMG!!! No wonder my best friend throws her hands up in the air and says...." What the ___ am I supposed to eat then? " I was taught about the food pyramid when I was younger & I have tried to follow it in the best way I know how. But to my dismay this pyramid is now just a heap of bad things that cause Cancer....Feed Cancer.....and in excess are the main causes of many illnesses and disease? BTW, the definition of Disease is Death! Nice!
So what I have decided to do is look at it this way. In life there should be balance in ALL things... 
The MIND: your thoughts and dreams.
Spirit: the things that make You and Only You, who you really are deep down inside. 
The Body: Nutrition & exercise. 
I am sure you may think of more, but it all comes down to how you Keep it all in check. If just the littlest thing gets away from you there could be a snow ball affect....things can get bigger if not stopped and dealt with at first sign of problems.
I feel that if we are mindful about every aspect in our life and if symptoms of pain or discomfort get to be too much then we need to stop and fix them permanently!! You don't stick a Bandaid on a severed limb. RIGHT?..the Human body has the Amazing ability to heal itself if you don't feed it with synthetic, man made, processed, unnatural things. 
Rule of thumb: One ingredient foods...i.e. coconut water, oatmeal, raw honey. not a combination of several ingredients, especially those you can't pronounce, or those that have added color, or have been heated or chemically processed in any way. If it grows or comes from Nature ( natural) and can go bad (rancid) it is probably GOOD for you. If you can keep an apple in the cupboard for up to a year, I'm thinking it's not your best choice!...everything in moderation and in portion control is how I choose to live. If you are suffering from health issues my advice to you would be to start with your nutrition. A synthetic pill from your Doctor will not FIX the problem! And does not give you a free pass to continue doing the things that are keeping you sick. This I Promise!!! ...We have been given guidelines to follow, but they are not a one size fits all. We have to find the happy medium, the balance. Because our doctors will give us that one size fits all pill and we will keep believing it is a one size cures all pill!! I wish you all a Health and Wellness..
Aloha-Angie *:0)


No comments:

Post a Comment