This is my favorite time of year in Hawaii. The temperature doesn't change too much,a little cooler and not so humid...but the best part is the Humpback whales make their way back from the waters of Alaska. Last year they arrived on my birthday (15th). Two years ago for Travis's birthday (25th). I think I may have seen a pod of them a couple of days ago. I can tell you that it is rather distracting while driving along the coast to see these "GINORMOUS" creatures breaching out of the water. The splash they make is AWESOME!!! The humpback whale migrates to the warmer waters of the Hawaiian islands during the winter months. The Alaskan waters are too cold to stay there...I don't blame them, Hawaii is a great place to be during the winter time!!! They don't eat the whole time they are here (Hawaiian fat camp),they give birth to their babies,and also mate while they are here. I wish everyone could have the opportunity to see these amazing creatures in person..but for those of you that may never get the chance, here are some pictures for you!!!! Here fishy...fishy!!! I LOVE THEM!!! ALOHA-ANGIE
I would love to give birth in Hawaii..(they mate too, huh?!) Just kidding! I think maybe the whales will be like the pigs...will I ever really get to see one? hmmmm.
ReplyDelete